Newell Brands Emery Operator, Jostens, 2nd Shift in Denton, Texas
Position Title: Emery Operator, Jostens, 2nd Shift
Reports to: Polish Supervisor
Location: Denton, TX
An emery operator is responsible for smoothing and removing surface blemishes from inside of ring using emery paper on a spindle.
• Polish all levels of complexity and alloys to meet or exceed production quality standards.
• Use appropriate tooling as required. Follow all work instructions and procedures.
• Operator will be using a high RPM motor and fingers will be subject to heat.
• Verify accuracy of work orders
• Maintain a clean, safe, and productive work environment
• Reasonable maintenance and care of departmental equipment, tools, and processes.
• Work safely at all times, by consistently following safe work procedures, as well as all safety procedures. Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor.
• Good eyesight as well as good hand/eye coordination
• Attention to detail a must
• Able to sit for long periods of time, to concentrate, and to be able to do repetitive work.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.