Newell Brands Warehouse Worker I in Columbus, Ohio
Position Title: General Warehouse Worker I
Reports to: Operations Supervisor
Location: Pataskala, OH
The General Warehouse Worker I play a key role in receiving, storing, documenting, and delivering materials within the company. This includes picking, packing, shipping orders and organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse. This person has a basic understanding of maintaining shipping and receiving logs and ensuring incoming and outgoing products and material are in good condition.
Accepts and processes incoming stock and materials
• Receiving, scanning, picking, packing, labeling, auditing and shipping merchandise to the customer
• Tracks all inbound and outbound items through radio frequency (RF) scanning to ensure accountability in inventory
• Verifies orders and ensures entry into the inventory management system
• Maintains quality standards set forth by warehouse management
• Operate staplers, and mailing machines
• Load and unload trucks, receiving raw materials and products
• Maintain shipping and receiving logs and makes sure that incoming and outgoing
products and material are in good condition
• Moves raw materials to the production area and moves finished products to the warehouse
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Operates a clean and safe work environment, ensuring that all areas of the warehouse are well maintained, kept orderly and free of debris
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent experience
• 3 months previous experience in a warehouse environment
Working Conditions/ Physical Demands: Typical logistics environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to stand frequently; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. Required to sit occasionally
• Must be able to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds frequently
• Must be able to work in comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes which may cause discomfort
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.