Newell Brands Outbound Operations Manager in Columbus, Ohio
Position Title: Outbound Operations Manager
Location: Pataskala, OH
Reports to: Sr. Site Director
Shift: 1st shift (may include working some weekend days)
The Outbound Manager has responsibility to lead and direct the functional outbound departments within the fulfillment center to achieve key goals & objectives within a high volume, high SKU base direct to consumer, multi-client fulfillment center. This position is responsible for constantly ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction, employee relations, financial cost controls, safety & security and continuous improvement of throughput and efficiencies throughout the outbound areas.
• Ensure that the outbound team operates with the highest standards in ethics, fairness and efficiency.
• Policies are clearly established, communicated and enforced in a fair and consistent fashion.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining a strong supervisory/leadership team including the development of a culture that reflects the values of Yankee Candle
• Provide coaching and mentoring as required.
• Responsible for motivating and guiding the team to achieve area, company and facility objectives.
• Responsible for maintaining the highest level of safety and security for all associates in the outbound area.
• Ability to interact with senior management and provide updates and solutions on issues with significant business impacts.
• Responsible for all expenses related to the outbound operations. Expenses must be at or below budgeted levels.
• Responsible for recommending, preparing and executing immediate action plans to correct variances in cost per unit and units per hour.
• Responsible for identifying opportunities to reduce costs in the operation while maintaining or exceeding service levels and not compromising other key measures or standards.
• Responsible for all operational aspects of the outbound departments within the facility in a multi-shift environment ensuring all operational goals are met.
• Exceed SLA commitments.
• Ensure empowerment of Quality throughout the organization.
• Ensure consistency in setting and enforcing performance standards at the functional and associate levels that support the financial budget.
• Maintain the highest level of quality of all operations within the outbound area. Quality levels should meet or exceed industry standards.
• Responsible for creating an environment of effective communication across all levels in the organization including supervisor and lead touch bases, start-up meetings, etc.
• Ensure all internal facility KPI’s are met or exceeded on a weekly & monthly basis.
• Manage staffing and productivity goals to ensure companies SLA’s and same day goals are met.
• Ensure that effective training, development and performance measurement processes are executed to meet peak & non-peak staffing goals.
• Create and support a team environment across all departments within the facility, including Human Resources, Technical Services and Products Admin.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Four-year college degree or equivalent job related experience.
• Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in distribution management and leadership in a high-volume fulfillment environment
• High level of organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated effective continuous improvement programs.
• Must demonstrate flexibility to cover other shifts as needed.
• Ability to plan, organize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong presentation and problem solving skills.
• Working knowledge of warehouse management systems.
• Strong analytical skills and fluent in operations technologies and material handling systems.
• Ability to communicate both written and verbally with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
• Excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.