Newell Brands Operations Analyst - Safety and Security in Aurora, Illinois
TITLE: Operations Analyst
LOCATION: Aurora, IL
REPORTS TO: Supply Chain Manager
POSITION OVERVIEW :
The Operations Analyst examines the workings of the Supply Chain department to offer solutions to problems and develop procedures for better decision-making.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSAND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Review business process and company policies to help enhance workflow and improve productivity.
· Work with Executive management to review current operations and adjust employee and departmental tasks based on company needs.
· Collaborate with Sales and Operations Teams to help find ways to create cost-effective business processes.
· Lead departmental projects by identifying phases and elements, personnel requirements, costs and savings.
· Provide reference to Management and other stakeholders by writing documentation; providing support and assistance as needed.
· Maintain systems by researching and resolving problems; maintaining system integrity and security.
· Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
· Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
Supervise Others: No
Expected Travel: Up to10% some travel may be international.
· A minimum of 5 years of analytics experience in Supply Chain.
· Strong experience in Excel with the ability to run complex formulas, pivot tables, VLookups, etc.
· Experience using SAP.
· Above average verbal and written communication skills.
· Above average analytical skills.
· Above average planning and organizational skills.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field.
About First Alert – aNewell Brands Subsidiary:
Brands of Everyday Life
Be a part of the team that’s creating the next generation of home safety. At First Alert, we don’t reinvent things – we pioneer. We offer the experience and knowledge of 50 years of history, while operating with the open, ideas-driven culture of a startup. With a smart leadership team that invests time and resources in developing creative solutions to today’s “plugged-in” consumer needs, we look to all levels of our staff to contribute to our legacy of innovation.
We have a history of being on the forefront of new trends and technologies – starting with designing the first smoke alarms for residential and commercial use. Today, Safety & Security is comprised of the top brands in home protection and organization, including America’s most trusted safety brand, First Alert – one of the largest brands of smoke detectors, carbon monoxide alarms and home safety products in the United States. Our newest advancements include the decorator-friendly Atom™ and 10-year Maximum Protection smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, which have revolutionized the industry and garnered distinction for design, engineering and marketing excellence.
Join us as we break new ground in the home safety industry. We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package – and the opportunity to work at a dynamic, continuously growing company that is leading the way in home safety trends and technologies.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play .
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.