Newell Brands Supply Planning Process Excellence Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Position Title: Manager, Supply Planning & Inventory Management
Location: Atlanta, GA / Hoboken, NJ
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Supply Planning & Inventory Management
Newell Brands launched the Accelerated Transformation Plan to transform to a simpler, stronger and faster global consumer goods company, with portfolio best positioned to leverage its advantaged capabilities in product design, innovation and e-commerce. To support the Plan and its focus on Supply Chain transformation, the Newell Integrated Supply Chain Optimization team is currently being created. This team will operate as central support across all Newell Divisions. This team will drive the Supply Chain Optimization by identifying and deploying best practices and executing projects in close collaboration with Division Supply Chain teams.
By joining this new team, the Manager of Supply planning will be essential in helping the company achieve its ambition for End to End Supply Chain Planning. As an integral part of the Supply Chain communities of knowledge, the role will be highly visible with impact across all Newell Divisions.
• Execute supply chain planning projects in conjunction with Division supply chain teams
• Drive strategies, methodologies and best practices that ensure excellence in supply planning
• Work with cross divisional business partners to design and implement standard supply planning processes and procedures across businesses and regions, incorporating lean supply principles and best practices. Create a functional planning playbook with process definition, relevant examples, templates, etc.
• Use data visualization tools like Power BI to incorporate metrics and key KPIs and use storytelling to highlight key takeaways and action items across regions, brands, and channels
• Support with the data collection, insights, modeling and reporting processes to improve management and decision making. Provide analysis to determine how key KPIs are tracking to goals.
• Professionally challenge current and/or traditional ways of thinking and lead new ways/approaches.
• Document project deliverables, identify competency gaps, determine training required, followed by development and delivery of a global training curriculum
• Participate in cross functional projects across the business to effectively drive change in service, cost, and inventory
• Key supply chain areas include Inventory Utilization and Optimization, Distribution, Material management, Product Lifecycle Planning.
The successful candidate will be an established practitioner with a proven track record delivering results within the End-to End Supply Chain. The successful candidate must be technically competent within a supply chain vertical. Being hands-on and comfortable with tactical execution while working on projects of strategic importance. Driven and motivated to get results; takes initiative; follows through on deliverables
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations research, Business or related field or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred
• 5-8 years of experience in Supply chain or Operations management
• Exposure to Supply Chain systems including but not limited to SAP, Oracle, JDE, SAS, and Manugistics.
• 3+ plus years SNP • SAP - APO (Advance Planning and Optimization), APO Process knowledge • Experience with implementing at least 2 APO projects • APO - SNP (Supply Network Planning) experience
• Experience creating and developing functional specifications
• Strong business process knowledge of supply planning and inventory management and optimization in the distribution and manufacturing environment
Strong Character – ability to champion the right decision in difficult situations
• Advanced Excel skills (Look up & Reference Tables, Pivot Tables, financial and logical formulas skills essential)
• Intermediate level skills developing presentations in MS Powerpoint
• Ability to work with and connect with all levels of employees
• Strong planning, communication & organizing skills
• Initiative & follow-up, including a strong sense of autonomy
• Strong analytical approach to problem solving and solution development
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
• Ability to effectively work in a team where other team members may be located remotely
• Ability to travel 40% to Division locations across the US and Internationally
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate®, Sharpie®, Dymo®, EXPO®, Parker®, Elmer’s®, Coleman®, Jostens®, Marmot®, Oster®, Sunbeam®, FoodSaver®, Mr. Coffee®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products®, Graco®, Baby Jogger®, NUK®, Calphalon®, Rubbermaid®, Contigo®, First Alert® and Yankee Candle®. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.