Newell Brands Supply Chain Manager - End-to-End Planning in Atlanta, Georgia
Position Title: Manager, End to End Planning
Reports to: Sr. Manager, End to End Planning
Location: Atlanta, GA
Newell Brands launched the Accelerated Transformation Plan to transform to a simpler, stronger and faster global consumer goods company, with portfolio best positioned to leverage its advantaged capabilities in product design, innovation and e-commerce. To support the Plan and its focus on Supply Chain transformation, the Newell Integrated Supply Chain Optimization team is currently being created. This team will operate as central support across all Newell Divisions. This team will drive the Supply Chain Optimization by identifying and deploying best practices and executing projects in close collaboration with Division Supply Chain teams.
By joining this new team, the Manager, End to End Planning will play an integral role in helping the company achieve its ambition for End to End Supply Chain Planning. As an integral part of the Supply Chain communities of knowledge, the role will be highly visible with impact across all Newell Divisions.
The Manager, End-to-end Planning will play an integral role in helping the company achieve its ambition of transforming supply chain planning in the company by identifying and deploying end-to-end planning best practices and executing projects in partnership with the Division Supply Chain teams. As an integral part of the Supply Chain communities of practice the role will be highly visible with impact across all Newell Divisions.
• Lead the execution of end-to-end planning capability building projects and implementation of process and best practices in conjunction with Division Supply Chain teams and Transformation teams
• Drive strategies, methodologies and best practices that ensure excellence in end-to-end planning – including new product introduction, demand planning, supply planning and finance planning.
• Lead the implementation of the divisional S&OP / end-to-end planning process to ensure better alignment within the business teams, maintain transparency with executive leaders and ensure delivery of performance results.
• Contribute to the maximization of supply chain and financial metrics e.g. forecast accuracy , inventory, revenue, margin:
o Partnering with the other Supply Chain communities of practice.
o Deploying end-to-end planning processes, governance and best practices that are extendable across our divisions.
o Delivering tools and templates to facilitate analysis, decision making and to improve Supply Chain and Division key performance metrics.
• Participates in the design of data collection, insights, modeling and reporting processes led by other Supply Chain communities of practice to improve management and decision making.
• Ensure smooth transitions with required changes and implementations across functions and divisions.
• Professionally challenge current and/or traditional ways of thinking and lead new ways/approaches.
• Set strategic direction and develop detailed project plans to achieve project objectives.
• Manage cross-functional project team members to ensure delivery of project milestones and achieve expected productivity objectives.
• Document project deliverables and develop train materials for use in educating division team members.
• Deliver training and education sessions to Division personnel impacted by the project.
The successful candidate will be an established practitioner with a proven track record delivering results within the End-to End Supply Chain. The successful candidate must be technically competent within a Supply Chain vertical. Finally being hands-on and comfortable with tactical execution while working on projects of strategic importance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business Management or related technical field.
• 4-6 years experience in a Supply Chain (preferably demand planning and/or S&OP) in the field or within a headquarter function or in a top tier consulting firm executing Supply Chain projects.
• 2+ years experience leading or executing projects in a Supply Chain vertical or across the End-to-End Supply Chain.
• Experience in Supply Chain, more specifically S&OP, processes and tools implementations.
• Deep understanding of the requirements of manufacturing, logistics, marketing, sales and finance.
• Strong character, ability to champion the right decision in difficult situations.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing best practices and processes in an organization, including at the top management level.
• Demonstrated track record of effectively building partnerships and managing and resolving challenges.
• Ability to lead by collaboration, influence people, and communicate well across multiple organizational functions.
• 2+ years experience in Supply Chain systems including but not limited to Power BI, SAP/APO, Oracle, JDE, SAS, Manugistics, and Teradata.
• Intermediate level skills developing analysis in Excel, PowerBI, and/or MS Access.
• Intermediate level skills developing presentations in MS Powerpoint.
• Ability to work with and connect with all levels of employees.
• Strong planning & organizing skills.
• Initiative & follow-up, including a strong sense of autonomy.
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
• Ability to travel up to 25-50% to Division locations across the US.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate®, Sharpie®, Dymo®, EXPO®, Parker®, Elmer’s®, Coleman®, Jostens®, Marmot®, Oster®, Sunbeam®, FoodSaver®, Mr. Coffee®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products®, Graco®, Baby Jogger®, NUK®, Calphalon®, Rubbermaid®, Contigo®, First Alert® and Yankee Candle®. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply