Newell Brands Sourcing Analyst , New Product Development – Writing in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Title: Sourcing Analyst , New Product Development - Writing
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Sourcing
Location: Atlanta, GA or Norwalk, CT
The New Product Development (NPD) Sourcing Analyst will work with cross functional project teams, as the sole Sourcing interface, to deliver on time, on cost, and on spec products to the market. They will collaboratively work with the extended Sourcing Organization to ensure alignment and delivery of projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Own and manage sourcing deliverables for assigned New Product Development projects as the direct sourcing team representative supporting Newell Brands Writing Products.
• Coordinate sourcing activities with Global Delivery and Category Sourcing teams to ensure proper working alignment and leveraging commercial opportunities with suppliers.
• Responsible for the supplier identification, quoting process, negotiations and supplier selection on NPD projects, with a focus on meeting the customer and business needs.
• Routinely works with global cross-functional project teams: Marketing, Engineering, Supplier Quality, Supply Chain and Program Management to ensure that NPD project are launched on-time, on-cost and on-specification.
• Identify, resolve or escalates project risks with a sense of urgency to ensure project requirements are met.
• Effectively communicate project updates, recommendations and Sourcing strategies on a frequent basis to NPD teams and Senior Leadership.
• Support strategic contract negotiations as required.
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
• 1 -3 years of applicable experience in Sourcing or Supply Chain.
• Experience in Global sourcing and supplier management; experience with Asia based suppliers desired.
• Proven problem solving skills.
• Negotiation experience and strong communication skills internally and externally with suppliers.
• Project Management experience and ability manage multiple projects to completion.
• New product development experience is desired.
• Previous experience with a consumer goods product company or on new product cross-functional teams is preferred.
• Effective time management skills for handling multiple demands in a fast-changing environment.
• Excel, Word and PowerPoint experience is required. SAP experience is a plus.
• Ability to travel (less than 15% expected)
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.