Newell Brands Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Serve as financial accountant/analyst for Customer Trade Programs. Primary responsibility is to maintain and ensure accuracy for the calculation, control, and reporting of Customer programs for Sales Finance.
• Support the accounting and reconciliation of various customer trade programs, including volume and growth rebates, co-op advertising, and other discounts and allowances
• Assist with monthly variance walks to provide management with explanations compared to budget, latest estimate and prior year
• Maintain Trade Promotional Management (TPM) tool in SAP and the tracking template for all program components of the customer contracts in order to ensure the accuracy of accruals
• Assist with monthly/quarterly external customer reporting files
• Meet with sales teams on a regular basis to review program accruals and promotions within TPM
• Support sales team with analytics explaining P&L variances to budget
• Assist with preparation of contracts to be reviewed with Legal Dept.
• Manage the cash-request/credit-memo process for customer deductions
• Work with the Shared Services team in researching and clearing open deductions
• Assist with inquiries made by internal and external auditors
• Special projects as required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3+ years of experience in the accounting/finance field preferred
• In depth knowledge of Excel, SAP, Hyperion and TPM a plus
• Prior experience in consumer products environment preferred
• Knowledge of activities related to accounting month-end close such as accruals and balance sheet account reconciliations
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact within all levels of the organization and motivate others to accomplish common goals
• Ability to communicate effectively with cross functional departments
• Aptitude for analyzing data or business issues and developing/proposing solutions or actions
• Demonstrated excellence in paying attention to detail, organization, driving results, and process improvement
• Must be flexible and able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.