Newell Brands Quality Inspector - Goody in Atlanta, Georgia
Reports to: Quality Supervisor
Shift: 1st - 7:30am - 4:00pm
The Quality Inspector is responsible for the inspection and testing of all incoming products materials. They must be able to work in a warehouse environment, and are required to understand and apply all applicable quality procedures, test methods, control plans and work instructions. The inspector is responsible for documenting all required test data and inspection results. In the event that non-conformities are identified, the inspector is required to segregate, identify and contain all suspect products as well as initiate non-conforming material documentation. Sorting and rework may be required as directed by the Quality Supervisor.
Essential Functions – Job specific duties will be assigned by the Quality Supervisor/Manager.
• Perform visual inspection and any testing in accordance with applicable control plans, test methods and work instructions which will be provided to assure product complies with company standards and customer requirements.
• Assure that only the most current revision of appropriate quality documents are utilized.
• Responsible for using all inspection instructions, drawings, product specifications and control plans to verify product quality compliance.
• Document all inspection and test results appropriately to ensure the integrity of the quality data collection and reporting process.
• Enter required inspection and test results into informational quality database.
• Segregate and Identify non-conforming material using PKMS.
• Re-inspect sorted or reworked items as required or requested.
• Perform job related clerical duties as necessary.
• Maintain work areas to assure a clean and safe work environment. Adherence to all safety requirements is a must.
• Perform other duties or projects as assigned by the Quality Supervisor.
• Minimum H.S Diploma or equivalent.
• 2+ year(s) experience working in a Distribution Center setting preferred.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Requires attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule occasionally as required due to customer demand.
• Working knowledge of dimensional measurements
• Good computer skills related to MS Office products – Excel, Word, and Access.
• Able to work with minimal direction or guidance.
• Ability and willingness to work with a team.
• Ability to sit/stand for extended periods.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.