Newell Brands Data Scientist (Manager level) in Atlanta, Georgia
Position Title: Manager, Data Science – Business Intelligence
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Director, Data Science
Newell Brands launched the Accelerated Transformation Plan to transform to a simpler, stronger and faster global consumer goods company, with portfolio best positioned to leverage its advantaged capabilities in product design, innovation and e-commerce. To support the Plan and its focus on Supply Chain transformation, the Newell Integrated Supply Chain Optimization team is currently being created. This team will operate as central support across all Newell Divisions. This team will drive the Supply Chain Optimization by identifying and deploying best practices and executing projects in close collaboration with Division Supply Chain teams.
By joining this new team, the Manager, Data Science will play an integral role in helping the company achieve its ambition for End to End Supply Chain Planning. As an integral part of the Supply Chain communities of knowledge, the role will be highly visible with impact across all Newell Divisions.
The Manager will play an integral role in helping the company achieve its ambition by ensuring that Newell Brands is leveraging scientific methods and analytics to drive Supply Chain Improvements. Reporting to the Director, Data Science within the Newell Integrated Supply Chain organization. The role will be highly visible with impact across all Newell Divisions.
• Develop business requirements for a Supply Chain data repository to consolidate multiple ERP data sources into a comprehensive source for analytics
• Partner with the IT organization on the development and implementation of algorithms required to extract and cleanse data into the Supply Chain data repository
• Develop and implement diagnostic tools for use by business users to identify performance opportunities and root cause for action planning
• Develop and implement optimization programs to improve planning outputs for manufacturing and distribution operations
• MS in Statistics, Operations Research, or Engineering
• 6+ years experience developing and applying statistical and operations techniques within a business environment
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to business partners in Supply Chain and Finance communities.
• Expert level SQL skills with demonstrated experience with large data sets.
• Advanced experince with data visualization tools like Tableau, QlikView, Qlik Sense, etc., deploying BI tools at scale
• Intermediate experience in open source programming languages (R/Python)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Interpersonally savvy
• Ability to work with and connect with all levels of employees
• Strong planning & organizing skills
• Initiative & follow-up, including a strong sense of autonomy
• Strong Character – ability to champion the right decision in difficult situations
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate®, Sharpie®, Dymo®, EXPO®, Parker®, Elmer’s®, Coleman®, Jostens®, Marmot®, Oster®, Sunbeam®, FoodSaver®, Mr. Coffee®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products®, Graco®, Baby Jogger®, NUK®, Calphalon®, Rubbermaid®, Contigo®, First Alert® and Yankee Candle®. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.