Newell Brands Associate Manager, Indirect Sourcing in Atlanta, Georgia
Position Title: Associate Manager, Indirect Sourcing
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Senior Manager, Sourcing
The Associate Manager, Indirect Sourcing is responsible for the effective procurement of all assigned sourcing needs within their assigned category, striving to purchase at the lowest possible overall cost, consistent with desired quality and delivery. This is a global role with sourcing responsibility for all sites and regions globally for the assigned categories.
• Identify reliable sources of supply with primary regard for ability to meet specifications requirements, delivery needs and price competitiveness.
• Understand and drive purchasing measures including: productivity, payment terms targets, etc.
• Negotiate with vendors for best total cost
• Share accountability for Indirect sourcing cost and productivity for all Segments and regions globally
• Manage and execute appropriate RFi, RFP,RFQ and other formal supplier evaluation processes
• Utilize Sourcing tools to drive cost savings Proven track record of results in a fast-changing environment – execution oriented and always delivers metrics
• Utilize RFx and eAuction tools as needed and where possible to drive competitive bids and cost savings.
• Project management
• Prioritize timelines and needs of multiple projects at the same time
• Manage needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders in multiple roles across the organization
• Drive timelines to completion on committed project dates
• Work effectively with Newell Rubbermaid Brands stakeholders in all regions and sites globally to meet business KPIs
• Develop relationships and work with suppliers in all regions globally
• Emulate and drive Newell Rubbermaid’s Brands’ Purchasing Procurement culture and vision for integrity, attitude, leadership, teamwork and results
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field
• 3+ years of applicable experience including Sourcing and Supply Chain
• Previous experience with Consumer Goods Product Company
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and project leadership skills
• Effectively prioritizes multiple demands and heavy workload
• Proven track record of results in a fast-changing environment – execution oriented
• Approximately 10-20% travel required
• CPM certification desirable
• Advanced Excel experience and skills
• Relevant SAP experience; advanced SAP experience is highly desirably
• Sourcing knowledge of eCommerce, Marketing, IT, Research and Development, Transportation, Facilities Management or Capital is a plus
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.