Newell Brands Analyst , Transportation in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Title: Analyst, Transportation
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reporting to: Corporate Transportation Manager
The Sourcing Analyst is responsible for the effective procurement and management of Less-Then-Truckload services. Striving to purchase at the optimal overall cost, consistent with desired delivery and service levels. This is a domestic role with sourcing responsibility for all sites and regions in Canada and US.
• Manage relationships with existing carriers in Newell network
• Provide support and resolution to issues related to Less-Then-Truckload services to multiple stakeholders across the organization globally
• Understand and drive purchasing measures including: productivity, payment terms targets, etc.
• Negotiate with carriers for best total cost
• Share accountability for costs and productivity targets for all Divisions
• Manage and execute appropriate RFi, RFP,RFQ and other formal supplier evaluation processes
• Utilize Sourcing tools to drive cost savings Proven track record of results in a fast-changing environment – execution oriented and always delivers metrics
• Utilize RFx tools as needed and where possible to drive competitive bids and cost savings.
• Project management
• Prioritize timelines and needs of multiple projects at the same time
• Drive timelines to completion on committed project dates
• Work effectively with Newell Brands stakeholders to meet business KPIs
• Manage and develop relationships and work with carriers
• Emulate and drive Newell Brands’ Procurement culture and vision for integrity, attitude, leadership, teamwork and results
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field
• 3+ years of applicable experience including Sourcing and Supply Chain
• Previous experience in Logistics
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and project leadership skills
• Effectively prioritizes multiple demands and heavy workload
• Proven track record of results in a fast-changing environment – execution oriented
• Approximately 10% travel required
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.