Newell Brands Brand Product Manager EMEA - Pure Fishing in Alnwick, United Kingdom
Position Title : Brand Product Manager EMEA
Location : Alnwick, Northumberland
Reports : Brand Development Director
We are looking for hiring 2 Brand Managers to join our dynamic Fishing business, for taking care of our Freshwater and Saltwater product lines .
Reporting to the Senior Manager for Brand Development and Marketing, the postholder is responsible for managing the new product development process for a number of specific brands within our Freshwater category, including opportunity assessment, concept development, market introduction and evaluation of business impact.
• Developing a 3-year product stream generating category revenue and profit consistent with the Global Strategic Plan.
• Evaluating ideas and suggestions for new products, investigating new market opportunities and effect on the market.
• Coordinating with global team to develop new products that can be sold across multiple worldwide markets.
• Organising and leading a cross-functional/interdisciplinary new product development team (i.e. Engineering, Production, Sourcing, CMO, and Finance).
• Travelling to the Far East where necessary to work closely together on product development with preferred suppliers.
• Consulting with the Sales and Trade Marketing team on the viability of new products.
• Recommending patent action and directing international trademark applications.
• Coordinating efforts with the marketing department to ensure successful new product launches and compelling content/advert creation.
• Defining the name, positioning, features and benefits, for new products necessary to provide a consistent message throughout all marketing communications.
• Providing compelling sales tools, including technical data and demonstrations that differentiate new products from targeted competitors.
• Working with brand marketing and brand leadership on Brand Strategy, Marketing Strategy & Tactics and style guide.
• Championing the development of new products within the organisation.
• Educating the sales team on features/benefits and how to effectively sell technical aspects of products.
• Engaging with the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organising, integrating and controlling.
• May also involve supervisory responsibility which may include carrying out performance reviews, learning and development and additional related staffing issues.
• Additional similar duties as required to fulfil the requirements of the role and support the Brand Development function.
A graduate in a business/marketing related degree is preferred.
A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in business, preferably in a product development or marketing role.
Experience in international business is preferred.
Experience with the development and launch of new products is required, preferable in the fishing tackle industry.
Applicants for all roles must be avid, knowledgeable anglers, with a demonstrable passion for the industry and related products.
Applicants must have a strong knowledge of the local fishing market, and ideally a knowledge of the overall EMEA market.
Additional knowledge of the Carp market is essential for our JRC/Chub brands.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands has a strong footprint in EMEA region, with over 5000 employees spread over 60 locations including corporate offices and manufacturing facilities. A wide portfolio of our brands are strongly represented across the region including Parker, Waterman, Rotring, PaperMate, Sharpie, DYMO, Yankee Candle, Graco, Coleman, Bubba, Contigo, Mr.Coffee, CrockPot, and Marmot. We stay passionate and curious about our consumers. We know that nothing great can be accomplished without courage. That’s why we don’t just dare to dream - we dare to act.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
“By submitting this form, you acknowledge having read our Privacy Statement for Job Applicants at http://privacy.newellbrands.com/joben.html _and agree for us to store your information on file to be considered for other suitable positions with the company ”